A good and hearty breakfast can set the tone for a great day. Whether or not you’re a high energy athlete such a wrestler, or a stay at home parent, breakfast is an essential part of your day. Breakfast helps restore energy lost during sleeping (fasting) and helps gives you energy to carry you throughout the morning, as well as providing you with important nutrients.
Breakfast is also one of the most skipped meals of the day. Most people have probably found themselves skipping breakfast at some point, whether it’s because they slept in or because they are too busy. However, being busy or grabbing a few more minutes of sleep doesn’t mean you have to skip breakfast. Here are 10 quick breakfast ideas that are quick and easily taken on the go in the morning:
1. Shakes/smoothies: Shakes and smoothies are a great option for people on the move in the morning. Whether they’re protein shakes or fruit smoothies, both can be made in a few minutes, can be taken with you, and can be packed nutrients. Protein shakes will provide you with a boost of protein, while fruit smoothies are packed with antioxidants and vitamins. Either route you go, both are quick, healthy options in the morning.
2. Greek Yogurt: Greek yogurt is a delicious and healthy option for those caught up in the morning rush. Individual containers of this protein packed breakfast are easy to find and extremely convenient. They also contain probiotics and some are fortified with vitamins and nutrients such as calcium. Protein has also been shown to reduce cravings and helps make you feel fuller throughout the morning.
3. Protein Bars: Proteins bars are a quick, effective way to get energy in your body while on the move. Protein bars come in a variety of flavors and styles, so there should be at least one everyone likes. Most protein bars will provide a nice dosage of protein, carbs, and fiber to help you feel full and get you through the day until you get to your lunch break. However, some contain high levels of sugar or additives so be sure to check the label before you buy a protein bar.
4. PB Sandwich: Peanut butter sandwiches are an effective way to get a complete breakfast quickly. Sandwiches take no time to make, and can even be made the night before, so there an easy way to get in breakfast in a rush. Providing quality carbs, proteins, and fats, peanut butter sandwiches are a complete breakfast. Make your sandwich the way you want by adding honey, jelly, or a banana to improve the taste and get in breakfast on the go.
5. Hard Boiled Eggs: Preparing eggs in the morning can often take a long time, and for those in a rush, this often isn’t an option. Hard boiled eggs can be a great alternative to scrambling or frying your eggs because they are portable and can be made the night before.
6. Fruit: Fruit is always a go-to quick option in the morning. With a plethora of options from bananas to apples, fruit can be grabbing and eaten on the go when time is against you. Providing great vitamins and antioxidants, fruit is a great option to go to when you need something in your body but don’t have the time to prepare a big meal. Combine with some greek yogurt or a few boiled eggs for a great breakfast you can take anywhere.
7. Granola Bars: Granola bars are another quick breakfast option for those on the move. There are hundreds of different kinds of granola bars, so just check the labels to make sure they aren’t loaded with sugar and fat, and provide a decent amount of fiber, carbs, and proteins. They are a nice quick, option to hold you over until lunch.
8. Nuts: Nuts are a healthy, quick option to go to when you need some energy but are in a rush. Easy to eat while on the go or at work while working, nuts are a solid option to go to when you need some energy. Providing you with healthy fats and proteins, nuts can be used for breakfast when you’re in a pinch. You can mix fresh fruit and nuts into your Peanut Butter Sandwiches, shakes, oatmeal, muffins and greek yogurt for a little variety.
9. Oatmeal: Oatmeal is a quality breakfast that is quick and easy. Most oatmeal’s take 5 min or less to prepare, so they can quickly be made and taken with you to eat on the go. Being a great source of fiber and carbs, add some fruit to your oatmeal to have yourself a healthy breakfast in no time. Try to pick a more natural option or use a natural sweetener such as honey instead of sugar loaded pre-packaged brands.
10.Muffins: Muffins are another quick option for people who are in a rush and don’t have time for breakfast. Muffins can be a healthy option, with whole grain, multi-grain, and different fruits, muffins can help provide energy with carbs, fiber, and vitamins to help you get through the day until lunch.
Overall, breakfast is very important and shouldn’t be skipped. Breakfast provides you with the energy and nutrients you need to get through the day. Athletes especially need to eat breakfast every day in order to keep their metabolism going and provide them with the calories needed to get through the day.